How can we create killer content for marketing?
It’s the start of a new year, which means we need to gear up and plan our online marketing strategies for our company and our clients. I think we would all agree that content creation is the most effective SEO right now. It’s more affordable, costing 62% less than traditional marketing by most brands.
They say it’s so easy to create content but it’s very different now. Gone are the days when you have to do keyword research and use those phrases in articles that don’t really make sense most of the time. Content is still King but the Internet have had enough of spammy pages filled with keywords, fake backlinks, and senseless ideas. The time is now to bring relevant material to the audience.
So how does one brand stand out? How can you create a great marketing material?
And since content marketing is one SEO trend that will dominate this 2015, it is imperative that we plan for it carefully because it will drive search engine rankings more this year.
Content marketing must be mapped to buyer journey. The marketer must aim to keep things fresh. Content makers face new challenges now: to create a unique content, maintain a high volume and high quality content (content quantity), and develop content that actually sells.
Messaging must buy be subtle but everything you do must have a pay off. To do this, one must take note of the Content Recipe.
VALUE + PERSONA = KILLER CONTENT
THE MEAT: Your company and product values
THE SPICE: Your Buyer Personas
THE 5-STAR MEAL: The expect combination of value persona
Marketers must sell products. It’s not easy to do what with all the data available and people are searching for more information before making a decision.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by identifying your company and product values. It is important that you understand company, identify its goals, and know the values. Only then can you connect these values to the products or services being offered.The values must dictate the tone of your content and marketing efforts. You must be consistent. Focus on a few ideas and build on those things.
- Know buyer persona. Get to know your potential clients or market by conducting customer focus groups, 1-to-1 customer interviews, or internal interviews. You need to ask the personalities, traits, and demographics of the audience.
Some questions you should ask:
- What are the audience’s job level and job functions?
- What are their personal and professional goals and aspirations?
- Where do they spend time online?
- What keeps them up at night?
- What do you perceive as valuable?
- What problem do you help them solve in their day-to-day lives?
- What are some common objections to your product or service offering?
Janelle Johnson, speaker at the ‘Creating Killer Content for Marketing Webinar’ shared this sample persona:
You get the idea?
- Create a good content when you find the overlap between your product values and persona. A good content sells and prove value to your audience. Combine these two and you have a content that will sell.
The rise of content marketing will only continue. Make sure you know the values of your brand first and then know your buyers. Integrate those information and your content marketing will be a success.