Back in March, we told you about the Top SEO Trends in 2014. We said press release links, as well as, guest posts and article directory links would have lower value this year.
The trend now is for websites and companies to provide quality content. When we say content, these are not just written for optimization’s sake, filled with keywords, and marketing come-ons. What you need to create is quality content that attract not only the search engine crawlers but also real people who are potential customers.
With the advent of social media, it’s easy to get buyers and clients especially if they find your posts interesting. If people see there’s an actual team working behind an online profile, it becomes more believable.
Businesses should have a blog. Big and small business alike should look into hosting a blog and consider writing content that would make people avail of their products and services.
Here are some reasons why businesses should blog as part of their marketing efforts:
- A blog is easy to do. With the use of platforms like WordPress, Hubspot, or Blogspot, you can easily share information and connect with your audience. Most blogs are user-friendly and would not require design and coding skills.
- A recent Hubspot survey revealed the 60% of businesses who blog get more customers.
- Your blog is the most important of all your online marketing plans. You can share e-books, send email newsletters, and post on Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook but a blog is considered as the heart of your efforts.
- A blog gives your business a voice. It is where you can talk about your new products or services in a more personal level. It is also where you can comment on news and issues or share anything you think would benefit your customers as readers.
- With your blog, you can let your personality shine and be made known. A blog is your own space. Use it to your advantage.
- You can share what your know or expertise on your blog. Use it to let people know you are an expert in a particular subject.
- A company blog makes you focused on your content marketing strategy. Make sure you post useful and relevant content all the time.
- A blog will help bring sales, build relationships, and boost your confidence.
- Blogging will sharpen your business focus, as you need to prepare for a blogging strategy. Define first who you are blogging for and why you are blogging.
- Keeping a blog will help you stay in the loop and ahead of the curve because you need to read the news and know what’s happening within the industry.
- Your blog will help you track your readers and potential customers. Site analytics will help you track click-through, comments, feedbacks, and demographics of readers. Knowing these things will help you learn more about what people want.
No doubt a blog is a great marketing tool. It gives you insight into your readers. It can be inspiring and it’s a cost-effective investment.
Every post on your blog can make a difference. You can make a difference. You can write your story. A blog can be inspiring not just to the readers but also for the writer.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][IMG][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]